Dutch Sand Tart Cookies
If you’re a cookie lover, then you’ll want to try my dutch sand tart cookies –a crisp and buttery version of the classic chocolate chip cookie! This recipe also came from my grandmother and requires very few ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand! Keep reading to see how you can whip up a batch of these tasty treats in the matter of minutes.
Primary Ingredients Needed for Dutch Sand Tart Cookies
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need to make your dutch sand tart cookie dough:
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Chocolate chips
Shop the post
How to Make the Cookie Dough
- Start by preheating your oven to 350-degrees F
- Blend the butter and sugar in a mixer until smooth – I highly recommend investing in a KitchenAid mixer if you have a love for baking. I’ve had mine for YEARS!
- Slowly incorporate the vanilla and almond extract
- Beat in your egg until combined; be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as you go
- Carefully incorporate the flour and salt on low speed so it doesn’t fly everywhere
- Scrape your bowl to ensure the dough is mixed in entirely; pour in the chocolate chips and stir in slowly
- Greece a baking sheet and begin to scoop dough into a metal cookie scooper
- Place dough about 2 – 3-inches apart so they have room to spread when baking
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, just until your dutch sand tart cookies have turned golden around the edges (note: since these cookies don’t have any leavening agent like baking soda, they will be a bit flatter and more crispy than your classic chocolate chip (hence the name “sand tarts” ?), so just keep an eye on them)
- Allow cookies to cool on a wire cooling rack and enjoy!
And that’s it –a fun and flavorful twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie! I love making a big batch of dutch sand tart cookies and freezing some so I can enjoy when I’m craving something sweet. If you want to try it out, be sure to pin it for later in the recipe card below!
Dutch Sand Tarts
- 1 c. softened butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 c. flour
- 8 oz. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Blend butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy
- Add in vanilla and almond extracts and mix until blended
- Mix in the egg
- Slowly add in salt and flour on low speed until combined; scrape sides as you go
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
Pssst! Want more recipes? Click here to view the archives.